As you can see, I haven’t been blogging my progress with my Ruby on Rails class here. I’ve got plenty of reasons why:
- For the next 3 days, the lessons were all about Git and GitHub. This was more of a refresher course for me since I’ve already taken a Git/GitHub class on Skillcrush last year, plus I already have a GitHub account to boot.
- I’ve got a new web project to work on that’s very important. I know I’ve got some personal projects in the lineup, but because this is a family project, I have to drop everything and this is now my priority. If you’re curious, it’s a wedding site for my brother and his fiancee. You can check out the countdown landing page here until I finally got all the info that I need from them.
- I’m a lot more concentrated on my art and my lettering for the same reason as the previous one. I would be working on the wedding invitation envelopes and other pieces of media for the wedding, which will include something fresh and handmade. 1
- My mind has been brimming with so many stories waiting to be written. This has been the result of reading too much shoujo manga as of late. But I haven’t written anything down just yet. All I have is a setting, a few character names, and a potential love story.
- There are other reasons that I don’t need to mention here.
Anyhow, moving on. Although I went through the Git and GitHub lessons again, some of those required some Ruby file making again and that there was one lesson that I did not learn from last year too: collaborative coding with other people in the world. I’ve never done it before, but I’ve finally experienced it first-hand with the instructors hanging around on GitHub. It was a lot of fun, actually.
Thanks to that refresher, I think I can finally open up a tutorial on version control, but again, it’s not one of my priorities right now. Last, but not least, once I am completed with my brother’s wedding site, I can finally tear down that placeholder in my portfolio and finally put up a real one. ☺
On the sidenote…
- I’ve mentioned before that my sisters and I are artists. My brother’s fiancee, on the other hand, is yet another addition to our artist family (she’s a painter, so you could see where I’m coming from here LOL) ↩
- “repo” is just a short version of “repository,” which is a folder that contains all of the files ready to be pushed to GitHub. ↩